Mark Twain, Bret Harte, Mary E. Wilkins Freeman, D. H. Lawrence, Arthur Conan Doyle, Rudyard Kipling, Saki (H.H. Munro), August Nemo: 7 best short stories - Horse Stories
Friendship between man and horse is one of the pillars of civilization. Retired from most of his functions of transport and heavy work, today the horse is an animal companion - and is even used as a therapeutic tool in health treatments - and a classic partner of sports.
In this book, the critic August Nemo has selected seven short stories that talk about the intimate relationship between man and horse.
This book contains:
- Chu Chu by Bret Harte.
- The Doctor's Horse by Mary E. Wilkins Freeman.
- The Rocking-Horse Winner by D. H. Lawrence.
- Silver Blaze by Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Maltese Cat by Rudyard Kipling.
- A Genuine Mexican Plug by Mark Twain.
- The Brogue by Saki.