O. Henry, James Joyce, Anton Chekhov, Willa Cather, George Gissing, Gustave Flaubert, Sherwood Anderson, August Nemo: 7 best short stories - Work
Money - and the social effects of having it or not - is too big a theme in people's daily lives to be ignored by literature. The writers gave the most varied interpretations and looked from the most different angles to the human relationship with money - but the final thought is always up to the reader.
The critic August Nemo selected seven classic short stories on this subject:
- Counterparts by James Joyce
- The Romance of a Busy Broker by O. Henry
- Sleepy by Anton Chekhov
- Neighbour Rosicky by Willa Cather
- An Old Maid's Triumph by George Gissing
- The Egg by Sherwood Anderson
- A Simple Soul by Gustave Flaubert
For more books with interesting themes, be sure to check the other books in this collection!